Monday, August 18, 2008

Finding Spot

On our way through Shenzhen

Annalise was found on this corner

View from across the street

A moment of prayer

What a big day!

We drove across town in the pouring rain to roadside #2 where a government building stands. It was a police station. There is a small medal fence around the grass. The rain was still coming down but I needed to get out and be there for myself. I bent down and said a prayer thanking God for saving Annalise and helping her find me so I could give her the love her parents to desperately wanted to give her. I felt closer to her birthparents then ever before. I know they loved her so much and wanted to help her and this was the only way they could, hand her over to the Government and hope that someone would save her and get her the medical care she so desperately needed. It was such a busy street and I can only think that they placed her somewhere in the grass on the inside of the fence to keep her safe. As we stood there Annalise pointed to the grass and it was like she knew that she had been there before. In the car on the way back we snuggled together with Lucy. This had been such a big day and a day I will never forget.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sensational blog entry. I teared up with incredable joy that we have beautiful granddaughter and that you are now a bonafide MOTHER! Dad

Kayce said...

I'm so glad you got to see her finding spot. I hope someday to see my own daughters finding spot. Hope your weekend is good!

Kim said...

Glad you got to see her finding spot...Hope I get to see my Izzy's too..Have a Great Weekend..

RamblingMother said...

Sweet! I am reading with tears of joy for you both.