Saturday, July 12, 2008

We Made It!


We have landed in China and are in Beijing. The flight was not too bad, we slept for the first part of the trip. Will reached for his glasses to find them without a lens. He is blind as a bat and with the cabin lights off we were searching for his lens. Thanks goodness I found it and the screw was still in the frame. As you can imagine we had nothing to fix the glasses with and if you know Will he can fix anything so I was not too worried. With a toothpick he was able to get the glasses back together again. He is a true MacGyver. I did have a bit of duck tape with me. I read somewhere to bring some but I was not sure why. It was our fall back plan.


As we waited for our bags I struck up a conversation with another American couple. She asked me if we were adopting and so were they. Their daughter has just turned 2. I asked if she was on the SN list and they said yes and she asked me what our SN was and can you believe this, their daughter and Annalise have the same SN. Wow God really brings those people together that need to meet. They will be at the White Swan 2 days after we get Annalise so I look forward to running into them again.

I am so close to Annalise now 4 days to go!

This sign is for Will he is 6'2" and towers over everyone.

9 comments:

(her name is Torrie) said...

It's so weird to see that YOU ARE THERE! We're still home and don't head for the airport for another 6 hours. Glad to see you survived the flight in business economy- give me hope!! Enjoy Bejing, especially the great wall.

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Enjoy; soak it all in. 4 days will fly by, and you will have your(our) baby in your loving arms!!
C&D

Hebnix said...

Awesome! I am so excited for you guys! Thanks for letting us share in your joy!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to get some pictures of Will, your faithfull companion.
Dano & I will be watching it all unfold.
Love Jax

Anonymous said...

This is sooo excting, keep us posted and enjoy your days in china before Annalise arrives!
Love you, Auntie Chris and Uncle Mark

Christi and Abbey said...

Have a wonderful time in Beijing! How neat that you met that couple : )

Paula said...

Yea, you're THERE !! I can't believe it. How cool that you ran into that couple that is adopting also. So glad you found Will's missing lens. What a relief. I'm glad the little doll made it safely too :)

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to grasp that you are just four days away from Annalise. I am thinking of you every moment of the day and so happy to hear you've arrived safely. Breathe, Breathe, Breathe...
Love you,
Mish

Kim said...

Sorry to hear about the glasses issue... sounds like a GREAT flight..;
I am sooo excited...