Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Night and Morning Before Annalise


We landed in Guangzhou today and met our guide Jason. We have had plenty of time to unpack and get everything ready for our big day tomorrow. After we arrived in the room in came her crib, We meet at 10:00 for a meeting and leave to get her at 2:00 and I should have her by 2:30. I am trembling just typing this. To think tonight she will sleep for the last time in her crib in a room with 37 other children. She will wake up with her crib mates for the last time. Annalise’s world will be completely turned around in a matter of hours and she is completely unaware what tomorrow will bring. Sleep well my baby girl.

Now it’s 5:30 in the morning and I can’t sleep. I hope Annalise is still asleep. Soon she will wake up and get dressed in a little outfit that she will have forever kept for her in a special place. She has just a few more hours before she is taken away from everything she as ever known and placed in a van that will travel over an hours drive to be brought to me. She will come with the Orphanage Director and one of her Nannies.

As for me I am doing well I did get some sleep last night but I am too excited to sleep now. I need to get a few more things together for Gotcha day the gifts for the Orphanage Director and her nannies. Her diaper bag and a few snacks and a bottle. My tummy is ok but I will be taking something soon to make sure it says calm and I can eat I need to keep my strength up. There is just so much I don’t know and will soon find out. I will do my best to get some pictures up today but please understand if my ability to post begins to taper. Will is going to try to step in and give you updates when he can.

Keep us in your prayers next post will be Annalise

13 comments:

Barb & Will said...

Paulette
We are sooo happy & excited for you!! I understand the feelings you are going through now. It is such a wonderful time. Enjoy these special moments as a new family! This day will be one to treasure forever! Thinking of you and looking forward to the next post!
Love, barb, will, & isla

Kim said...

Paulette,
I am soooo happy for you. I can feel the love you have in your writing..
Don't worry.. you will be the BEST mommy.. I am soooo excited..
Can't wait to see her pretty little face in your arms...
HUGS ... keep calm...

~ Alison said...

I got goosebumps reading that . . . brought back memories.

Can't wait to see you two together!!

Anonymous said...

So I'm crying again! You keep doing that to me but it's okay because they are tears of pure joy. The next time I hear from you, you'll be called Mama by a beautiful little girl. The sight of her crib next to your bed gave me goose bumps.
It's a beautiful day...full of wonder, anticipation, and excitement and no one is more deserving than you dear Paulette and your lovely daughter Annalise. My heart is with you.
Mish

Anonymous said...

Dear love, all I do is cry. I am so enchanted with all that is hapening . It is a dream come true for all of us. It is only 2 hours away. All my love Mom

Mountain Girl said...

OKAY......
THIS WAS THE POST I (WE) HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!

YOUR POST WAS PERFECT (FOR ME), BECAUSE IT WAS WHAT I NEEDED TO HEAR FROM YOU... THE ACTUAL FEELINGS, THE MOMENTS BEFORE, THE SLEEPLESS NIGHT, THE MEETING WITH YOUR DIRECTOR, THE CRIB (THANK YOU FOR THAT PICTURE... MY TEARS ARE WELLING), AND PUTTING INTO WORDS WHAT I HAVE BEEN THINKING, WOUNDERING ALL DAY....

YOUR CHILDS LAST NIGHT IN HER ORPHANAGE CRIB, YOUR CHILDS LAST BREAKFAST WITH HER ORPHANAGE FRIENDS & CAREGIVERS, WHAT THEY CARFULLY DRESS HER IN FOR YOU, HER LAST GOODBYE, GOSH ITS GOT TO BE HARD THINKING ABOUT THAT TOO. BUT ITS MEANT TO BE AND YOU HAVE TO BRING HER HOME, AND KNOW ITS THE BEST THING. ITS CRAZY I THINK OF THESE THINGS LIKE YOU DO!

OH, I AM WITH YOU AND SO HAPPY, SO TICKLED-PINK FOR YOU.

I COULD FEEL THAT YOU WERE AWAKE AT 5:30AM (YOUR TIME) I WAS SENDING YOU BIG HUGS AND KISSES. YOUR LILLY WAS LICKING MY ARM AS I WAS PETTING HER, TALKING TO HER ABOUT WHAT YOU MIGHT BE DOING ALL-THE-WHILE SENDING YOU JOY, LOVE AND SMILES.

OH, BYE THE WAY TAHOE IS HOT, HOT, HOT, A BIT UNCOMFORTABLE, BUT IT SHOULD BE NICE AND COOL FOR YOUR RETURN.... YOUR MANICURED LAWN WITH FLOWER BEDS, THE BIG BEAUTIFUL BLUE LAKE WTIH WILDFLOWERS ALL IN BLOOM, THE SMELL OF PINE TREES, THE MAJESTIC MOUNTAINOUS SKYLINE AND OF COURSE SHAMPOOED CARPETS!!!! OHHHH LIFE IS PERFECT! YOU DESERVE IT!

YOUR SIERRA SISSTA....JAX

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you and us. Ther is no way to describe our joy. Bring our baby home so that we can envelope you and our precious child with our love and blessings!! C&D

Christi and Abbey said...

Yippee-i-o-ay! That is my Okie nature springing back up in my excitement for you. All your dreams are coming true today and Annalise gets her mommy!!
Lord, please give Annalise and Paulette both your comfort and peace that passes all human understanding as they make this transition. May your Holy Spirit be present knitting their hearts together in love. Thank you, thank you for all that you are doing on their behalf. And thank you for Will, please bless him and make him a continued blessing to these special ladies. We ask this in Jesus' name, AMEN!

mmglobal said...

Mom... can I take the car?

Oh Paulette, it's just after 8am in Straubing and I know that you are now with Annalise. I can see your incredible smile so clearly. I can't wait to hear all about it. I just wanted you to know that there are so many of us who are sharing your joy... thanks for making us part of your life.

Love,

Mark

Robin said...

Can't wait for those pictures today. It's 7pm over there right now so I know you have your girl. I hope all has gone as you expected.
blessings to you all!

TBG Happenings said...

I totally freaked in the elevator going up to the room to meet Sophie. Couldn't breathe, crying etc. It wasn't pretty. It is all good tho....your girl will be in your arms soon!

I am totally stalking your blog! Update as soon as you can even if it is just a pic:)


Happy and safe travels!

Kayce said...

Oh Paulette this is so exciting! Thank you thank you thank you for letting us follow along on your incredible journey. I'm so excited to see Annalise in your arms on the next post.

Paula said...

Oh, the crib with the little dolly inside is just too cute.
Love Jax's comment!